Friday, September 28, 2007

It's The Little Things That Mean So Much....

Just a little note to tell you all about something that is so exciting... It may be nothing to the ordinary person, but to us, this is BIG!!

Last night while standing in the driveway talking to a neighbor, Andrew was hanging on my legs and wanted me to pick him up. Being that he should not be picked up and held to often, for one, he is getting too big, but two, he tends to hang on me for support and we're trying to break that habit.

So anyway, I held his hands as he stood in front of me and decided that he wanted to JUMP up into my arms like Matthew does. Andrew knows that when I do have to pick him up that we tell him that he needs to lift his legs up to help us get him up. This is the only way that I will pick him up. So he was trying to JUMP with BOTH legs. He was bending BOTH knees together and actually pushing off and came off the ground WITHOUT any help from me except lightly holding his hands. Even though it was helping him with balance, he otherwise, did ALL the work by HIMSELF!!! This is HUUUUGGGE!!!!

We have never seen him actually come OFF the ground with BOTH feet together before without us actually lifting him up.

I know it may seem like a little and common feat for everyone else, but this is very exciting. He even thought it was fun and kept doing it over and over again as we cheered him on and he was trying to show off for the neighbor! We'll try to get a video clip of it to share.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I totally get how "huge" of an accomplishment that is! Woohoo Andrew!

Anonymous said...

GO ANDREW!!!!! ;)

Me & My Brother Matthew In St. Louis

Me & My Brother Matthew In St. Louis
"a BROTHER is a FRIEND given by nature"